I'm sharing a toy

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Sat Aug 10 08:50:40 CDT 2019

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 12:00 PM, cctech-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
>
> Thanks for putting it up.  First time I've logged
> onto old Unix in decades (should try getting my copy of V6 up on simh).
> Have a couple of RasberryPi's kicking around that
> just fired up once to play with.  Only part that
> simulation doesn't let you do is to connect up
> all sorts of lab hardware to A/D's and
> D/A's.  Have lots of PDP-11 code that wrote in
> 1980's that can't use as no-one has written
> additions to PDP-11 emulators which will make one
> think one is dealing with 80's era data
> acquisition hardware and digital I/O boards which
> are far faster on modern microprocessors than there were then.

Boris,
   I am very interested in PDP-11s and laboratory data acquisition with A/Ds etc.
I have a MINC-23 (upgraded to an 11/73) that I’ve put a SCSI2SD card in and run
RT-11, and RSX11M. Recently the RT-11 FEP/FRP and RGL software packages
were recovered from a couple RL02 packs in Austrailia.

  Also, on another PDP-11/73 I converted a ADV11-A (18 bit) to a ADV11-C (22 bit)
 and have it talking with the Kseries routines under RSX11M+ as well as to a
M+ A/D driver that I wrote by combining code from David Cutler’s AD01 RSX11M
Driver with Lee Gleason's M+ BM180 driver for the PiDP-11/70 that Adam just
mentioned in his post. Certainly the I2C devices could be extended to create some
Actual I/O device with chips like the ADS1015 which is available on a small board
from AdaFruit that would be easy to stick in a PiDP-11.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1083

  I would be VERY interested in getting a copy of your PDP-11 code for data acquisition
with A/Ds, DIOs, etc.

Thanks,
Mark