DEC VT20 boot device

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:03:05 CDT 2019

The VT20 design team was, iirc, John Kirk for the video, and me for
the Unibus interface in the first version. The one with the slick
one shown here,
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/terminal/vt20/vt20_2.jpg
The /05 based package was after my time, I don't remember much about
how it was deployed.
The boot device called using the boot strap board was variable, and I
don't recall anything beyond an RK05
based system (booting the RK) for the versions in the lab on 1-2 in the mill.

It was for the Typeset 11 team, and then the TypeSet.DecSet team/Product line.
bob