Control Data 9766 drive on epay

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Aug 12 13:04:10 CDT 2019

On 8/12/19 10:41 AM, P Gebhardt via cctalk wrote:

> I am not aware of museums or hobbyists who have such drives currently in a functional state to read and write from and to 80MB (CDC 9762) or 300MB (CDC 9766) disk packs. Maybe the CHM?

We don't have one in working condition, and we're unlikely to attempt any work on multi-platter media
recovery any time soon.

I have three Pertec top-loading drives and several Diablo 30s, but haven't had time to try flux-level
recovery on several dozen high archival value targets, including what may be the only surviving Burroughs
B1700 packs.

LCM was working on an alternative approach to multi-platter media recovery but I've not heard anything
more about that in a while