Too many DEC binders

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sat Aug 24 12:45:21 CDT 2019

On 2019-08-24 1:03 p.m., Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 8/24/19 12:18 AM, Aaron Jackson via cctalk wrote:
>> I have a full book case of DEC binders, each containing one or more
>> manuals. I went through the lot of it this evening and checked to see
>> what was on bitsavers. It seems an awful lot of it is not available.
>
> here is a list of the manuals I have scanned but not pdf'ed

... snip

> ./_DTR/aa-aj56i-te_vaxDtrInst4.2_jul88.tar
> ./_DTR/aa-aj56j-te_vaxDtr5.0inst_dec89.tar
> ./_DTR/aa-k080d-te_vax_datatrieve_users_guide_dec85.tar

Hi Al,

Thank goodness you have the datatrieve user's guide complete. Turns out
my binder is incomplete, half missing, so I'll abandon that one.

As I wrote earlier this month, my others in the scanning queue,
apparently complete, are:

* Reference Manual, AA-K079E-TE
* Guide to Writing Reports, AA-P862C-TE
* Handbook, AA-W675B-TE

By the way, what's your position on scanning two-colour printed manuals
like the DTR ones? Not worth keeping the colour for Bitsavers?

--Toby