Scanning docs for bitsavers

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 04:09:12 CST 2019

very nice  file
yep, we prefer pdf   with  ocr   back  stuff   ed smecc,orgIn a message dated 12/2/2019 8:20:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:

I cannot understand your problems with PDF files.
I've created lots and lots of PDFs, with treated and untreated scanned
material. All of them are very readable and in use for years. Of course,
garbage in, garbage out. I take the utmost care in my scans to have good
enough source files, so I can create great PDFs.

Of course, Guy's commens are very informative and I'll learn more from it.
But I still believe in good preservation using PDF files. FOR ME it is the
best we have in encapsulating info. Forget HTMLs.

Please, take a look at this PDF, and tell me: Isn't that good enough for
preservation/use?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yahi4JC3juSVVkOEhwRWdUR1E/view

Thanks
Alexandre