FW: [GreenKeys] DURA Selectric ASR terminals free

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Dec 15 19:35:28 CST 2019

On 12/15/2019 01:19 AM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
> I wonder if there is any interest here...

The punched tape is EIA, I think.  There are diode matrices
to convert to the internal Selectric code of rotation and
tilt of the ball.  I had one of these hooked to a CP/M
system back around 1980, I used it exclusively as a printer.

I could likely dig out some code that sent the data to
them.  A quick look did not turn up the interface.
I seem to recall it had some pretty weird logic levels, PNP
Germanium transistors, etc.

It is possible to trip too many solenoids at one time and
command the rotate or tilt summing levers to exceed the
limits of the ball.  That will break bands on the carriage.
I had no problem getting replacement parts when I had that
happen on mine.  Not too sure Selectric parts are available
anymore.

Jon