Two dead LK201 keyboards

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 11:04:46 CST 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 5:39 AM Pete Turnbull via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Those old adapters are definitely just passive wiring, and were commonly
> supplied with dual-standard mice.  That's why they're green.

I have green ones for mice, and purple ones for keyboards (same
signals on USB side, different pins on PS/2 side).

> They only work with devices that inherently support both protocols.

Yep.  I don't even know which of my keyboards work with the adapter,
but I should probably test a few and mark them and set them aside for
90s machines/projects (like Amiga PS/2 keyboard adapters which were
popular at one point because of the scarcity and cost of genuine Amiga
keyboards).

-ethan