Mounting HP7970e 9-Trk 1/2" Tape Drive

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Feb 7 07:52:55 CST 2019

Brent wrote...
There's no way you're angling a regular shafted screwdriver in there to
adequately tighten screws.
One could undo the catch that limits the angle of swing, but I still don't
expect it's going to swing far enough to get the frame out of the way, let
alone the PCBs and motors still in the way.
-----

See? It's impossible to mount it without severe danger! In an effort to
promote public safety, just send all your 7970E's to me and I will keep them
somewhere that no one can get hurt on them! ;)