Looking for: 68000 C compilers

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:48:41 CST 2019

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 3:50 AM Phil Pemberton via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019, Tomasz Rola wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 03:08:14PM +0000, Phil Pemberton via cctalk wrote:
> >> I'm (still) trying to reverse-engineer a ton of M68K ROM code which
> >> was apparently compiled with a circa-1990 C compiler.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have copies of any of the following...
> >>   * Lattice C
> >
> > Aztec C, by Manx Software (by now probably defunct).
> > http://www.aztecmuseum.ca/index.htm

I've been working on a project this month and I'm using FS-UAE to
emulate the Amiga and running SAS/C 6.58.  One distinct advantage is
it writes Amiga files to the underlying UNIX filesystem so getting
data in and out of the emulated environment is utterly trivial (making
it easy to get and install tools and to export the results.   The same
technique would work with Aztec C.  Local Makefiles running under
AmigaDOS, your choice of editing files inside or outside the
emulator...  My target environment is actually AmigaDOS so it was an
obvious choice, but if your target is binary objects, there they are
on your platform's filesystem, ready to burn into ROMs or do whatever
with.

Of course, I spent a lot of time on the Amiga so I have no problems
with that being my working environment.  YMMV.

-ethan