Looking for: 68000 C compilers

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Thu Feb 7 09:06:03 CST 2019

At 03:13 PM 2/6/2019, Tomasz Rola via cctalk wrote:
>Lattice was the thing, back when I had Amiga. Too bad I could not
>afford a harddisk :-).

As I related here back in 2005 and 2007:

I believe I stuck with Manx Aztec C throughout my entire era of Amiga
development.  I liked it because it was more Unix-like.  I got to know
one of its developers, Jim Goodnow.

I was supposed to have an article in one of first issues of Amigaworld,
reviewing the Lattice C compiler.  Because it wasn't positive enough,
though, and a major advertiser (not a compiler developer, though) somehow
saw the article and complained that it might not attract developers to
the platform, it was canned and not published.  Development on a
floppy-based Amiga was incredibly painful.