PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 18:44:19 CST 2019

> On Feb 13, 2019, at 3:03 PM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:

> My suspicion is that things not solved by diagnostics would be escalated to the "wizard from Maynard".  And they'd probably start replacing whole subsystems.

This says that Fritz actually was a new "Wizard from Maynard" in solving this problem.  Only more so -- because he didn't have the luxury of just swapping out whole sections of the machine with new kits, or a backup team of subsystem experts at the home office to call on.

That confirms it's really a very impressive performance.

	paul