PDP-11 disk image question

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:46:05 CST 2019

SO, to start a wrap up on this topic.  I had heard of people
copying images made on SIMH to real disks and using them.  It
now seems there are some serious strings attached to that idea.
I know it works for small disks as I have done it with RL02
and RX/Ry disks.  I have one more thing to try but in the long
run it isn't very practical.  I am going to try using VTServer
to move the image.  Not practical as it will take several days
to do this and every minute increases the likelihood of it
just failing.

Too bad there is not some form of Standalone Backup like
VMS has.  I am open to any suggestions about how one can
get RSTS installed on real hardware when no usable tape
drive is available.  I don't suppose that hidden deep
in the bowels of RSTS is a procedure for making Installation
Kits on various media like Ultrix-11 has.

bill