Interest in a DiscFerret?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jan 10 19:36:48 CST 2019

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, Chris Pye via cctalk wrote:
> There is a 13 sector version of ADTPro. All you need is a working Apple II or IIe with a floppy drive and serial card (or ethernet card).
> It can even bootstrap the Apple into 13 sector DOS 3.2 mode and then you can read and transfer disk images to a PC via serial or ethernet.
> Then use CiderPress to read the files from the disk images.

I agree completely, that IFF he can get one of his Apples working (and he
does seem to have the expertise to do so), that serial port transfer makes
sense, and a DiscFerret or equivalent is not a practical way to go.
Although a flux transition device can be fun for some other stuff, such as
hard sectored disks, Victor/Sirius, and other non-MFM oddball stuff.