DEC VR150 CRT Monitor

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 12:32:49 CST 2019

On 1/16/2019 6:38 AM, Peter Coghlan via cctech wrote:
>> I have one of these and would like to get it working correctly, but
>> can't find any info on it from the internet.
>>
>> It has a date code of 1989 and was built in Yokahama Japan, by who I
>> don't know.
>>
>> Does anyone know who DEC had build there CRT monitors back then? Are
>> schematics available?
>>
> I have a VR297-D3 which is actually a Sony GDM-1602.  These details
> are written on the label on the back of my monitor though so I guess
> they aren't on yours.
>
> Regards,
> Peter Coghlan.

I went and looked again.  Hoped to find some other numbers, besides the
UL and SA numbers I noticed a script S followed by CM 25100M.

This is a high resolution black/white monochrome 15 inch monitor from
1989.  I think that was the cat's meow back then.  It was the low end of the

DEC monitors available for the Vax Stations.   I opened it up last year
and it is built like a tank, don't remember any obvious OEM logos.

Doug