cctalk Digest, Vol 52, Issue 18

Dr Iain Maoileoin iain at csp-partnership.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 14:51:50 CST 2019

I have used Jorgs kit to get my 11/70 front panel running.

There is NO NEED to split the cables - for manual circuit, nor is there in the new
“cap” adaptor board.

I *THINK* Jorg has many cables and many panels and the split is a throwback
to some earlier work that I saw photos of.

My (wire wrapped, no using the new “cape”) is at http://www.scotnet.co.uk/iain/DEC/1170/ <http://www.scotnet.co.uk/iain/DEC/1170/>
Flat 40 pins - no split.

I have not had time to document the process of the old or new board.  All I can say is
that the kit turned a messy job into a fairly quick and easy one.

I can strongly recommend the kit to anyone.

It took me two nights with the circuit list and a wire-wrap tool to set up the board in the
link above.

Then an elasped day footering with the test software and scope checking signals etc.
With the  newer 11/70 add on board I would think it would be a painless evening of work.