PDP-11 ID page, a few images needed

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:22:36 CST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:44 AM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> But I did adjust the number a bit - the boards are going for about $50 each,
> and add in a BA11-A, it's probably $700 for a bare machine.

Speaking of boards vs boxes, any idea what an empty BA11-F fetches
these days?  I have a box with all the boards for a KB11-C (PDP-11/70)
including backplane and front panel PCB (no mounting bracket or front
plexi) and I'd like to turn it into a working machine if possible.

(I also have all the boards and backplane, and no box, for 2MB in-1670
Intel memory subsystem (eg
https://books.google.com/books?id=5OsHzHowTLIC&lpg=PA16&ots=sRWXIRaRI9&dq=intel%20memory%201670%20pdp&pg=PA16#v=onepage&q&f=false)
- just need to fabricate a box for that and add a fat PSU.  It has
over 1300 4116 DRAMs)

> Actually, I really need to check all the numbers.

I would recommend adding somewhere a date for when the numbers were
last updated since prices will obviously change as time goes on.
Nothing wrong with giving out numbers, but provide them with a
"freshness date".

> But I think I'd rather get the QBUS boxes sorted out first; I pretty much
> only know the BA11's. If someone could tell me what later boxes to list,
> above the BA23, (which I also need an image of), that would be very helpful.

I have a number of BA23 boxes, and a BA123.  The next one up in the
series off the top of my head is the BA213.  I'm fuzzy after that
because we stopped buying DEC gear around that era.

-ethan