HP board "gold recovery" garbage

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:28:36 CST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:03 AM William Donzelli via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Good, older MLCCs can be up to 3 or 4 percent Palladium by weight.
> Modern-ish ones can be zero, but are often maybe 0.1 percent.

I just checked - spot Palladium price is $44/g.  If you take 1 lb of
these older MLCCs and recover 4% by weight of Palladium from that, you
get $800, gross.  No idea what the extraction process costs, so no
idea of the net profit, but that's the current math on the collection
side.

-ethan