early PDP-11/45 info sought

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Tue Jan 29 20:07:44 CST 2019

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 8:26 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> E.g. my M8100 prints are dated 2/72, and none contain any entries in the
> 'Revisions' block (lower left). However, they are marked as Rev. D, which is
> newer than the KB11-A prints at Bitsaver, which are marked as Rev. C. So I
> have no idea what changed to cause the rev update! (The first drawing, the
> board layout, does show a listing for 'D', so maybe it was just a layout
> change?)

From inspecting the drawings, that change looks to be related to the addition of the start vector extension that you can see at the top right of drawing DAPE.  You can also see R18 added to the BOM and layout.  Now, where did they put W7, tho?  It's like "where's Waldo?" :-)

Incidentally, DAPE is also where you can see changes related to addition of trap 114, in the K1MX TV input decode on the lower left.  Older boards w/o the associated ECOs applied (like mine) are easily visually identified because they will lack pullup R17 in the upper right "patch" area of the board.

	--FritzM.