Wtd: advice upcoming visit to Bletchley Park / comp museum

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 05:17:41 CDT 2019

lördag 6 juli 2019 skrev Bill Degnan via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org>:

> Hi...I am arriving at Gatwick Airport this weds evening1045pm and I have a
> 17 hour layover.  I'd like to visit the national computer museum at
> bletchley park about an hour north.  I see I can rent a car from the
> airport and drive to a hotel near the  museum.  There are a few hotels with
> 24/7 desks.  Concerns?  Total time in England is 17 hours, 8 of which
> needed for sleep, plus travel to and from the airport and museum.  Not sure
> how efficient the car rental return process is, etc.  Need some buffer for
> unknowns
> Thanks in advance

When I visited Bletchley park and TNMOC I went by train from London. Euston
I believe. From Gatwick there are trains to Victoria which are quite quick.

I have never driven myself in London, but has been going with taxi a number
of times from the airports in the London area. The traffic can be quite
bad. Gatwick is south of London and Bletchley is north of London so expect
some queues depending on time.

/Mattis