Wtd: advice upcoming visit to Bletchley Park / comp museum

Lawrence Woodman lorrywoodman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 00:56:57 CDT 2019

Hello Bill,

On 06/07/2019 10:54, Bill Degnan via cctech wrote:
> Hi...I am arriving at Gatwick Airport this weds evening1045pm and I  > have a 17 hour layover. I'd like to visit the national computer >
museum at bletchley park about an hour north. I see I can rent a > car
from the airport and drive to a hotel near the museum. There > are a few
hotels with 24/7 desks. Concerns? Total time in England > is 17 hours, 8
of which needed for sleep, plus travel to and from > the airport and
museum. Not sure how efficient the car rental > return process is, etc.
Need some buffer for unknowns

It may be too difficult to confidently get there and back in
the time you have.  You could try the Science Museum in London instead:

http://collection.sciencemuseum.org.uk/search/categories/computing-&-data-processing

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Gatwick+Airport,+Horley,+Gatwick+RH6+0RD/Science+Museum,+Exhibition+Rd,+South+Kensington,+London+SW7+2DD/@51.3216345,-0.3493122,11z

Best wishes

Lorry