RS232 Communications HP9000 Series 320

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 00:05:25 CDT 2019

When you say it is a DB9 I am guessing that you are using the serial
port on the 320's interface card, the port is supposed to be the
equivalent of a 98644 serial card.  In the manual
98561-90020_series300configRef_Aug85 I found a pinout of the RS-232
connector on what is reputed to be the 320 human interface card.  I have
had a little experience with HPL and wonder what software you are using
on the 9000 side to send the data.

You may also want to ask for advice on the VintHPcom group on groups.io
for advise as that group specializes in early HP computers up until the
68K 9000s like the 320.

Paul.