RF08 light panel

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jul 16 14:54:45 CDT 2019

    > From: Ethan Dicks

    > Did anyone here get it?

Yeah, me - although I didn't expect to! Because of my work on DEC indicator
panels (this one's a 10-1/2" panel, unusual):

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/DECIndicatorPanels.html

I put in what seemed to me a lowish bid, expecting not to get it (I figured
I'd make do with the image from the sale), and was rather surprised that I got
it.

I don't have an RF08, of course, so if anyone actually has an RF08, I'll
happily do a deal to get it to you.

    > I did not bid because I have zero parts of an RF08 (and if I ever
    > make a modern RF08 emulator, I might as well make one of these to
    > match).

Yeah, for the QSIC indicator panels, we built totally new ones, too. We
took advantage of that to change the interface; the DEC originals have a
wire per light, which is kind of klunky. Ours time-multiplexes a single
data line (there are 'clock' and 'latch' lines too); visually, it seems
to look identical to the DEC originals in operation.

	Noel