WordPerfect 5.1+ for VMS

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 22:23:32 CDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:54 PM Jason T via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I have a .tap image of WP 4.2 and 5.0 for VMS that I made from my own tape
> years ago. The image has been  successfully mounted but IIRC the software
> looks for a license key that I've never found. I do not believe it is a PAK
> as with other VMS packages.

I worked for a guy in 1988 that was a WP for VMS reseller.  I remember
one particular sale of 10-12 seat licenses for which the commission
made his entire year.  Unfortunately I have no information on how the
licensing worked.  There was, IIRC, a bit of paper in the box with the
key information on it but I have no idea how it worked.

-ethan