Scanning question (Is destruction of old tech docs a moral crime?)

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Sun Jul 21 17:26:19 CDT 2019

we save to 3 formats and sometimes  add a text file format too
the  3 for each and ALL scans  are

 tiffjpegpdf with embedded textand sometime a text file
ed#

In a message dated 7/21/2019 3:20:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:
On 07/21/2019 04:48 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
> It is not the DPI that is problem on some scans, but they
> used
> a LOSSY format to store the data. JPEG IS NO!
Yes, ABSOLUTELY!  JPEG is designed for things that have
smooth tones, like people and outdoor photographs.  It is
horrible with anything that has sharp contrasts like letter
outlines and line drawings.

Jon