UNIVAC IBM AND APOLLO - -History --Background

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Sun Jul 21 19:12:59 CDT 2019

800 bpi, bloody luxury.

I was an FE on a Univac 418 installation, the Uniservo VI C drives that
we used had three choices, 200, 556, and 800.   We had to extract
billing data daily to send to head office, I think they had an IBM 360
that read them, and we had to check alignment every month against an IBM
standard tape.  We frequently used visi-mag to check it visually in the
maintenance room over coffee.

Fun days!

cheers,

Nigel Johnson

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message