Scanning Results

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jul 21 19:44:40 CDT 2019

At 03:57 PM 21/07/2019 -0600, you wrote:
>On 7/21/2019 9:04 AM, Guy Dunphy via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Starting again with the clean full size scan, reduce to 1200 x 1620, (a good screen size)
>> and 8 bit/px indexed. (Adequate for this page.)   Saved file size: 339 KB.
>>    File: 7903_07_1200_8.png
>
>Umm I am running 800 x 600 here. I have gone back to smaller
>screen since FireFox seems to displaying TINY FONTS all the time.

You know all browsers and PDF utils have adjustable zoom, right?
Pretty sure you can also  set the default zoom. And in many cases can specify 'fit page to screen.'
Maybe that's why your tiny fonts problem?

Anyway, not relevant. I should have been more precise. 1200 H px is a good resolution
for presenting text pages since it adequately preserves typical fonts. 1000 is still just OK,
800 is bare minimum, fails for fine print.
Much higher than 1200 is overkill, though if you want to, why not...
With finer diagrams higher res can be necessary.

>I like 80x20 screen sized TEXT. Also different pdf viewers display
>differently. I read my PDF on Android PDF reader and not every thing
>displays in the default reader.
>
>Umm 74170 ... TTL data book, turn on reader ... look up part..

Btw, when you're doing parts lookup a lot, a 2nd screen is a great boon.
If you're using a desktop machine.

Guy