Catatonic Rockwell AIM-65

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 00:57:48 CDT 2019

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Bensene via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 11:10 PM
Subject: Catatonic Rockwell AIM-65

> Hi, all,
>
> I recently was given a Rockwell AIM-65 single-board computer in nice physical condition, with the original keyboard and keyboard connector cable.
> I've downloaded all of the documentation that I can find, and have been trying to get it running.

... One of the BASIC ROMs also verified properly, but the other failed the verification.

...  This ROM must have expired somewhere along the way.  I can blast a 2732 with the proper bits and build an adapter to make BASIC work once I get the thing running, and hope that maybe sometime I might find a good blank OTP 2532 ROM I can blast with the code, or find one already programmed somewhere.
If you're going to get/make an adapter to convert the 2532 pinout to the 2732 JEDEC standard, you might want to consider one of the commercially available ones that let you put in up to a 27512; that lets you select any one of the available language ROM images (and any of your own) with a switch.

e.g.:
http://store.go4retro.com/23xx-adapter/
or
http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/