PDP-11/10 PSU Repair/Warning

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:07:16 CDT 2019

    > From: Systems Glitch

    > I finally fixed the power supply in my PDP-11/10S ... For those who
    > have original 5411086s that haven't failed yet, you might want to
    > make up a little pigtail with an inline fuse holder.

Congratulations, and a great blog write-up.

The issue you point out (lack of fusing for some components on the +15V
board) will of course apply to not just -11/10S's, but any -11 which uses
the H765, either for the CPU box (e.g. /04, /34) or for an expansion box.
This is important enough that I think I'll add a writeup to the CHWiki
article for that:

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/H765_Power_System

which restates the problem, and the proposed solution. (I also should check
to see if the H742 uses the same 15V board; it uses the same 'bricks', so
it may.)

	Noel