HP98035 Real Time clock and AC5954N clock chip

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:27:35 CDT 2019

Are you able to set the date and time on your clock?  I had disconnected
one end of the diode in the charge circuit and powered the clock from a
lithium primary cell.  I got all 8s when the battery went dead but when
it was in that state when I tried to set the date and time any commands
after that to the clock hung, I suspect because the nano processor got
hung up trying to set the time.  After changing the battery it
functioned normally again.

Paul.