Modems and external dialers.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 09:49:04 CDT 2019

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 15:51, Peter Corlett via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Adding pockets ruins the look, or something.

Yup.

They're going beyond the realm of their own previous products into
such severe minimalism it's becoming inconvenient.

I want an LED to tell me my charge/power status, message status, etc.,
thank you. I want a physical home button. I want a physical headphone
socket. If you want me to buy a £1000 tablet, then I want multiple
ports, USB and Lightning or whatever. I want to connect a keyboard and
headphones and charge it all at once, thanks.

Since I can't have that, I bought a cheapo Chinese tablet instead, for
less than the cost of a second-hand iPad of similar spec. It does the
job.

It is very pleasant that I have come to a point in my life where I can
afford nice toys like a (second-hand) Retina iMac and what was still a
high-end iPhone when I got it (also 2nd hand).

However, so many features are disappearing from the newer models that
I am not sure they're going to keep me for long...