Value of Burroughs B9974 disk pack

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Jun 14 11:25:44 CDT 2019

On 6/14/19 8:50 AM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
> The large A Series work was done in Paoli, King of Prussia, Trediffryn and probably other cities around Valley Forge that I don’t recall.
>
> The B1000 work was done in Goleta (Santa Barbara), CA plus mfg in Liege, Belgium. I was responsible for a central piece of system software (GEMCOS), so I knew where the customers were based on bug reports (a large portion of the bugs were from the UK, Ford in Dagenham and the CEGB (Central Electricity Generating Board) in Bristol).

I have a LOT of stuff that I've collected for the 1700/1800/1900 on bitsavers
because of its unusual 'microcode per programming language' architecture.
CHM has a B1955
https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/search/?s=X2550.2003

I may still have some packs in storage.

> At the most recent VCF PNW, someone who checked out my exhibit told me that there was a B1000, probably in Surplus at University of Washington, but checking with them, they don’t believe they have it.

I don't think a surplus person would know what a 'B1000' would be.
You probably would have to add the second digit