Apollo Computer Article

Wayne S wayne.sudol at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:12:32 CDT 2019

For those with ROKU, you can add the ‘Retro Technology Time Machine’ channel.  It has a lot of old promo, training, and newsreels about old technology. My favorite is the 29 minute film “Computer for Apollo”, produced by MIT for NASA in 1965, that goes into the manufacture and testing of the Apollo Computer.

There also a few films by IBM. One, the  SAGE filmed in 1960 shows a bit of the IBM 305 RAMAC that someone was asking about in another post.

There also another one  from 1953 about the IBM 701 @ IBM world,  and another showing when BYU decommissioned their IBM 7030 in 1981 that they acquired from MITRE in 1972.

Fun for all!