IBM PS/2 Model 70 or compatible floppy drive wanted (Or help with current one?)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Jun 30 14:28:16 CDT 2019

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
> I have to check but I think there is a "regular" 3.5 to PS/2 drive adapter
> around, someone selling one?  IIRC the PS/2's need a power line (or two)
> merged into pin X (?).  It may be worth it to investigate the possibility
> of buying or making an adapter as these PS/2 drives are becoming hard to
> find.

I might not be remembering correctly (un-refreshed wetware), but I thought
that I remembered from 30+ years ago, that PS/2 drive connector consisted
of 40? pins, of which the first 34 were standard? drive pinout, plus the
added pins carried the power.

If that remembraance is close to correct, then the adapter would consist
of 40 pin connector to 34 plus power.