What 6502 macro assembler was used for the AIM-65 Monitor ROM?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:28:51 CDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 9:59 AM Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> At the expense of being boo-ed for this, could the original Rockwell
> stuff perhaps have been assembled using a mainframe/mini-hosted
> cross-assembler?
>
> I'm aware of several situations where this was the case.

The date in the AIM-65 Monitor Program Listing header block in the
source code is Aug 22, 1978. That is less than 1 year after the
introduction date of the VAX-11/780. I suppose it still could have
been something that ran on a VAX by then, or a PDP-11 (or PDP-10?), or
some other mainframe/mini host if it wasn't self hosted on a Rockwell
6502 development system.

It's really just more of a curiosity issue at this point if anyone
finds a definitive answer.