Need some Sun VME boards... (and if someone has a power supply...)

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Mar 27 20:25:39 CDT 2019

Folks,

I have been able to get the Sun 3/110 to boot using the SCSI2SD board as I
had
asked about earlier (if you want to see the details of what I did, I posted
to the
sun-rescue list...)

However,  I can't seem to get more that 4mb to work in the 3/110 chassis (
the 2nd chassis I have is 240v, and so far that doesn't look like it's
switchable
for use in 115v land...)

I've tried the two 4mb boards I have ( both 501-1132 boards ) one has a
gouge  in the ground plane but the bulk of the ground plane is intact  and
one says Parity Error 3/17/16 ( not my writing, from the person I got it
from
) so I'm assuming that would work but generate an error, similar to
Clearpoint board I have that I can't figure out jumpers for.   However I
can't get the machine to even boot with the boards in. In both cases the
lights on the CPU board all light up. Which indicates some form of reset.

I've checked the boards dip switches.  They are set according to the FEH as
3 on U3118 and 4 on U3119. Jumper J3102 is jumped as well.  I've tried them
with the VME Bus Px03 and Px04 both jumpered and unjumpered.  Same results
in
all cases.   I don't think it's a power issue, as the machine boots with 3
cards ( I.e. 8mb incompatible sun board or Clearpoint SNXRAM card, with SCSI
card in both cases ). I've tried with and without SCSI card. All same
results.

Soooo, question is, do I just have two bad 4mb cards?  Am I missing some
setting?  I don't see anything to set on CPU board.

If so  anybody got memory cards they're willing to trade that would work in
a 3/110?   I've got an 8mb 501-1102 or a 32mb 501-1254 32 mb card to trade,
memory wise. I am trying to build up 2 3/110 machines, so would like 2 4mb
boards at least. I've also got a 3/110 cpu board that has a blown cap to
replace but otherwise works, and a couple SMD drive controller boards.  I
also
just realized I have a a Sun 2 VME SCSI board - ( 501-1149 * combo: 501-1045
"Sun-2" SCSI in 270-1059 6U/9U VME )

And of course if anybody has a spare 3/1xx power supply that is configured
for
115v also be interested in that. ( and another SCSI card with an external
connection would be useful )

Earl