Byte Magazine

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Fri Mar 29 13:01:40 CDT 2019

On 3/29/2019 4:57 AM, Will Cooke via cctalk wrote:
> In a previous thread I asked for a couple of specific pages from Byte magazine, which I got (thanks to all, especially Peter, for helping out!)  But that brings up a bigger issue (no pun intended.)
>
> About a year ago I found the Byte scans on americanradiohistory.org and started reading from the start.  I found that those scans were less than great, with many missing pages, pages out of order, pages scanned at resolutions too low to read, and a few other problems.  I went searching the web for other scans and, with a few exceptions for individual issues, found that ALL the collections of scans seemed to be the same ones, with the same bad pages.

I have been trying to read the Dr Dobbs PDF scans and a few other PDF's.
They seem to work only with the NAME BRAND pdf reader. Of course I use
the OTHER brand. It would be nice if when scanning a file THEY used a
generic output rather than latest bells and whistles.Some PDF's seems
to raw bit mapped images that take forever to display. If you can't read
them what is use of archiving them.
Bitsavers works for everybody but they don't have books in general.
Ben.