IBM 360 Model 50 information?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Mar 31 16:08:33 CDT 2019

    > From: William Donzelli

    > It is very likely IBM does not have the information anymore - at least
    > not in the archives. ... they simply did not keep much from that era.
    > It was probably disposed of back when IBM was in trouble 30 years ago.

Which emphasizes that it's important to make the point to IBM that we
wouldn't be asking for IBM to supply the information; rather, this is about
being able to reproduce info that IBM itself may no longer have.

Is anyone up for tackling IBM? If so, and we need support, I can ask my
Master, Jerry Saltzer, if anyone he knew at IBM is still there - he used to
have a lot of influence inside IBM (he's the person who got FS killed, I was
informed). But that was a long time ago...

    > From: Jay Jaeger

    > I suspect, but do not know of course, that the reasons that the owners
    > would not part with their copies was ... concern over their value
    > becoming diminished by having scanned copies around.

One easy way to test that is to have Al ask the person with the ALD's if
they'd be OK with having that stuff scanned if we got an OK from IBM.

	Noel