Service for converting CD-ROMs into ISO files?

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat May 4 15:36:34 CDT 2019

Paul,
VAX CD-ROMS generally are not ISO. ISO implies the ISO9660 file system, but many VAX CD ROMS are in native VMS Files-11 format.
Some Windows utilities don't handle these so you need third party software to create an image of these CD's.
Generally it has a .iso extension but as the content is not ISO9660 you can't mount it on Windows or Linux.

There a couple of utilities that will convert arbitrary files to image files.
I tend to use CD Burner XP

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/download

but you need to click "More download options" and use the "without install core" versions....

Dave