TMSCP docs?

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Mon May 13 02:51:59 CDT 2019

On 13/05/2019 00:05, Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:
> I've been working on an MSCP controller implemented on top of Joerg Hoppe's
> Unibone and that's been going fairly well, modulo a few oddities here and
> there (if you have a Unibone and want to beta-test it, it's up at
> https://github.com/livingcomputermuseum/UniBone).
>
> It'd be nice to extend it to do TMSCP as well.  Is there an equivalent to
> the "MSCP Basic Disk Functions Manual" (AA-L619A-TK) for TMSCP?  I can
> probably glean most of the information I need from various *nix device
> driver sources out there, but it'd be nice to have the definitive reference
> on hand, and so far it's been eluding me.  But maybe I'm just not looking
> hard enough...
>
> Thanks!
> Josh

The protocol specification for MSCP and TMSCP is available here:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/dsa/mscp/

You might also want to look at the implementation of MSCP and TMSCP in Simh:

https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/master/PDP11/pdp11_rq.c
https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/master/PDP11/pdp11_tq.c

Matt