OT: (was: Re: Things to do in Australia & New Zealand?)

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Mon May 20 22:58:48 CDT 2019

> On May 20, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Guy Dunphy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Subject: Things to do in Australia & New Zealand?
>> From: Patrick Finnegan
>
>> I'm going to be in Australia and then New Zealand for most of June, and was
>> wondering if there was anything interesting classic computer wise to visit?
>> I'm planning on being in Sydney for the Australia half of the trip, and
>> haven't made many plans for New Zealand yet besides flying in/out of
>> Auckland.
>
>> Pat
>

> At 10:38 PM 20/05/2019 +0100, Rob wrote:
>> Lookup Max Burnet in Sydney, well worth a visit.
>

> ...The state of classic computers perservation in Australia in general is pretty sad. Very little in the way of organised exhibition spaces. Mostly it's just motivated individuals, doing what they can with shoestrings and a spare room or two
> Otoh if you're interested in sightseeing, I can make you a list. Around the city and out in the countryside.
> Do you enjoy outdoors and walking? I can take you on a very nice day walk (or a few) near the city. Or further out.
> Also if you are adventurous I can organise some unconventional urbex experiences.
>
> Guy

Were I in Sydney, I would spend the  ~4 hours to drive to a little West of Canberra:

https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/
https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/about/complexes/visiting/

If you happen to go, tell them the New Horizons Payload System Engineer says hello, keep up the great work, and thanks for all the bits!
				- Mark Tapley