Pleas ID this IBM system....

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue May 21 03:13:19 CDT 2019

On Mon, 20 May 2019, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> I guess it would look right for the era, but I'd never build a data center
> with raised flooring after my experiences with them.  It's such a pain to
> work with compared to a sealed concrete floor and overhead cable trays.

My experience is that overhead trays are not better. We have rooms with
only raised floors, and one with both. You definitely need a raised floor
for a data center. You need it for forced air cooling and for running the
water and condensate pipes. And overhead trays are much more difficult to
work with if you want to lay new cables because you have to climb up and
down the ladder all the time, moving the ladder from here to there and
back to here...

Christian