Pleas ID this IBM system....

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue May 21 15:17:24 CDT 2019

On 5/21/19 1:51 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> ...except when it didn't.   On more than one occasion, I recall watching
> some poor soul with a cart balanced with long (3 foot) trays full of
> cards, hitting a lifted separator strip in the raised floor.  Over goes
> the cart, the cards spread in every direction, and the pusher sitting
> in the middle of it all, close to tears.

I'm sure that was /a/ problem.  But I'm not comfortable attributing that
problem to the raised floor.

I expect that the same problem would be effected by an elevator that
doesn't stop perfectly level with the floor, or has too wide a gap
between the car and the floor, or even on tiled floor.

That really seems to me like it's a sub-optimal design, pushed past it's
operating parameters by overloading it.

I can't fault the raised floor for that problem.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die