Pleas ID this IBM system....

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Tue May 21 19:16:51 CDT 2019

I liked  raised  flooring....     you can  clean the room up  fast  by stashing  stuff in the non critical to airflow  areas!  ----see

we  were  lucky  when  comshare  of an arbor    division on  phx    moved out   where  they  designed  IBM channel interfaces  for  xerox sigma 9s
We  got their  space next to  us   and bought  their  their  flooring  rather  than them  shipping  back  to ann arbor Mich.  to put  our  HP  stuff on.
best  thing  ever  did   it  kept  things neat, clean and  provided  xtra storage.

In a message dated 5/20/2019 9:11:04 AM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:
> I guess it would look right for the era, but I'd never build a data center
> with raised flooring after my experiences with them.  It's such a pain to
> work with compared to a sealed concrete floor and overhead cable trays.

But with a raised floor, you can whack the tile puller down in such a
way that it makes an enormously loud pop that startles everyone in the
datacenter!

I cannot imagine difficult it would be to run S/360 era cables in
overhead trays. Many are an inch or more in diameter.

--
Will

--
Will