M7264 Troubleshooting

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun May 26 10:44:54 CDT 2019

On 05/26/2019 12:13 AM, Mister PDP via cctalk wrote:
> Ok, small update. My M8043 (DLV11-J) just arrived today. It seemed in good
> condition so I confirmed it was set up correctly (9.6k baud and console on
> J3), built a serial cable from the information provided on gunkies, and put
> it into my system. Sadly, it behaves exactly how it did with the M8017. No
> output, no activity on the BRPLY line. I have a hard time imagining that
> both my M8017 and my M8043 are bad, but it could still be possible.

Well, if just ONE address line driver on the CPU has gone
bad (or a short in the backplane) it could prevent the DLV
from recognizing the address.  If there are any other boards
in the system, take them out.  Maybe even the memory boards,
and try to read/write the DLV addrsss from the console.
(Oh, maybe that's the problem, you don't have the full
programmer's console on this machine.)

Jon