11/93 rebuild

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon May 27 10:23:11 CDT 2019

    > From: Rod Smallwood

    > 4. I need a tried and tested list of step by step instructions to
    > put RD54.dsk on the SCSI drive.

Well, this isn't a list of directions, but... I've had good luck doing
almost this exact same thing (on a Windows XP box, copy a filesystem in
Windoze file onto a device, in my case an SD card on a USB adapter) with
'dd for Windows', available here:

  http://www.chrysocome.net/dd

The command line I've worked out to use is:

  dd-removable if=UnixRoot of=\\?\Device\Harddisk2\Partition0 count=4872 seek=131072

I don't recall the exact procedure I used to generate that, but I'm pretty
sure it involved the use of the "--list" command to 'dd', to get a list of
the devices on the system. (The "4872" is the size of the RK pack,
obviously.)

I'm using dd-0.6beta3.zip but there may be a later version that works too.

	Noel