11/93 rebuild

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 17:15:22 CDT 2019

On 5/27/19 9:58 AM, Rod Smallwood via cctalk wrote:
> Hi
>
>      Whilst I wait to hear from Glen Slick who has got me this far
> (Thanks Glen) I'll restate the problem.
>
> 1. I now have an old XP system with SIMH on it (PDP11.exe)
>
> 2.  I have created RD54.dsk containing RSTS/E
>
> 3. Attached to the system is a 2.1Gb SCSI drive via an adaptec 2940
> controller
>
> 4. I need a tried and tested list of step by step instructions to put
> RD54.dsk on the SCSI drive.
>
> 5. The drive will then be moved to a CQD-220A/TM SCSI controller on my
> KDJ11-E based 11/93 and must boot.
>
> 6. Its just an image copy from one drive to another on the same system.
>
> 7. Nobody has come up with a tried and tested list of step by step
> instructions yet.
>

> Rod Smallwood

Depends on what you mean by tried and tested.

I told you to use Ersatz-11 and buld the image directly
on the SCSI drive.  Ersatz-11 works fine under FreeDOS.
Disks are cheap so you just make a different disk for
your system.  I have used this method to make RT-11, RSTS/E
and BSD-211 systems disks that successfully boot and run
on my 11/93 with the CQD-220A/TM controller.

You could probably boot your image under Ersatz-11 and then
copy it to the SCSI but the  method above works just as well.

bill