Question about modems

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Fri Nov 15 17:18:07 CST 2019

On Nov 15, 2019, at 1:54 PM, alan--- via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> MCU should set receive line coding to 8,N,1.  When in command mode, you don't care about parity

Actually it's in command mode that you *do* care about parity, which is why I added the parity detection in the first place. Without the parity detection there's no way for the modem to send back the command responses with the correct parity. That made it cumbersome to use tcpser when using terminals or communications software that insist on using even/odd/mark parity and would drop any characters that had the wrong parity.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com