Looking for DEC RA80 (or RM80, R80) service manual (EK-ORA80-SV or similar)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 23:51:59 CDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 8:59 PM Glen Slick via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 8:45 PM Josh Dersch via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't been able to find the actual service manual for the R80 (or the
> > very closely related RA80 and RM80 drives).  Anyone have a copy stashed
> > somewhere?
>
> Have you already seen this one?
>
> RA80 Disk Drive Service Manual, EP-ORA80-SV-002
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-RA80-Disk-Drive-Service-Manual-Microfiche/312205107345
>
> Microfiche would be a pain to deal with, but cheap and maybe at least
> slightly better than nothing.

Thanks!  I'd completely glossed over eBay even though I'm pretty sure that
listing showed up in my google searches.  I guess I need to pay closer
attention...

The price is definitely right -- I'll get that scanned and sent off to Al.
If anyone has any experience debugging these, do let me know.

(I should also note that there is an R80 service manual on Bitsavers -- I
misspoke (mistyped?) in my initial e-mail.  It doesn't provide a lot of
details on the drive's operation and I was hoping the RA80 or RM80 manuals
might be more detailed...)

Thanks again,
- Josh