OT(?): Emulation XKCD

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:10:41 CDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 4:01 PM Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:

> I rebuilt the system recently, and now the error seems intermittent.  I
> will say, that backing up my directory of files, and restoring it to the
> new system was a lot easier than fighting with the tape drives we had on
> the DPS-8 Mainframes I worked with nearly 30 years ago (we ran GCOS-8).

I don't recognize that error. I will check on it.

> I’m getting the following message on the console.  This wasn’t initially a
> problem, but now is.
> 1452.8  Utility.SysDaemon.z:  monitor_quota: Storage in
> >system_control_1>syserr_log is 26212% full.
>
> The crank does the daily and weekly accounting; the monthly accounting
needs to be done by hand. (It includes purging the log files). Instructions
can be found at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cZsdr67LtE8YeWACdYWum8HIPMcHWdmUffxvK7g-xbs/edit?usp=sharing

There is a dps8m/Multics mailing list at
https://sourceforge.net/p/dps8m/mailman/

-- Charles