Estate sale

ED SHARPE couryhouse at
Thu Oct 31 23:39:20 CDT 2019

weird key caps many times 0n key to tape machines!  Ed#

In a message dated 10/30/2019 8:48:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at writes:

On 10/30/19 6:34 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> The Univac keyboard appears to be for a keypunch.  I've seen keyboards that look just like that (same distinct keycap shape) in a Burroughs mainframe shop, circa 1974.

I've used one of the Univac keypunches when the 029 was still the
workhorse.  Interesting in that you entered the data for a whole card,
then punched it all at once.  I didn't much care for it as it lacked
the resounding "clunk" of the 029 as you typed.

In the case of the one I used, it was used as a remote punch/reader for
a CDC 1700 setup.


More information about the cctech mailing list